Sunday, September 6, 2015

Percy Priest and God's Church

Two nights ago, Ty and I ventured out into the wild blue yonder... Okay, well, we ventured south of Nashville--which is basically the same thing--to Percy Priest Lake. We were planning on going swimming, but apparently the parks here close at 7PM. So we just ended up walking around this lake.
I caught this nice view right before the sun was about to go down. I enhanced the picture a little bit so that you can really see how it looked in person.

Then this duck came out, and I just had to get a picture of his dark form against the sunset waters. Even though I'm pretty adamant about how disgusting ducks are, this little guy was very beautiful.

As we walked around, we looked out over the lake, and saw these guys fishing. I thought about how nice it would be to sit on a boat in the middle of a lake, untouched by what's going on around me, waiting for a fish to bite, but not caring whether one did or not. Man, would that be peace and relaxation.


Sometimes I wonder why we build all these fancy churches when we we just have to step outside to worship and admire God's creations. When you appreciate that, the whole world is your church. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment