Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Gram's Poem

Death
A poem by Margaret Hoss

My bones and flesh are buried
deep underneath the soil.
The robins fly high above,
free of care and toil.

The dew and morning mist
still lie glistening in the dawning day.

And where am I today?
Not here, I can say.
Up above and beyond,

a spirit soaring free;
free from lowly grave.
Life was fun and fascinating,
but no more do I crave.

Because I now will see the world
as a lesson I have learned.

I have gone on farther,
no longer within a body encumbered.
So do not grieve.
I do not sleep or slumber.

My life has been an adventure in so many ways.
True to myself I’ve tried to be.
It has been a truth
that has truly set me free.

I wish to say
to all my loved ones I leave behind,
Step up to life!
Embrace it to your bosom.
Do not hang your head and whine.

Live life fully and joyfully
Drink deeply of its pleasures.
Enjoy the pure simple treasures.

God has made us divine.
He has given us a passage to travel through time.
We always were – before birth,
and live beyond the bones and flesh.

I am going on in great anticipation.

I have passed the test.                     

Margaret Hoss, 2002                              

No comments:

Post a Comment