Saturday, September 27, 2014

Did I get mugged?

This morning, I woke up with a sore, stiff body. I rolled my shoulders and heard a few cracks. I stretched my aching back. I looked down at my arms to see a few bruises... Did I get mugged?

Or did I have the time of my life playing volleyball?

This week has been a really tough week for Ty and I, especially me. I have been busy every night after school with activities or homework, and Ty has been studying, and working diligently as a sales intern. Add to that the stress of an impending graduation and working out, you have a nervous breakdown waiting to happen!

Friday night was a really special night for me. Over the summer I was awarded a scholarship from CHS through the Department of  Agriculture Economics at K-State. To honor the other students who received awards and myself, Farm Bureau in Manhattan, KS hosted a banquet. How boring, right? We all know these things can drag out, have bad food, and even worse jokes. But, I actually had a lot of fun. Both Tucker and Ty came with me and between the lame jokes, we made even lamer ones. Plus, we got to have some pretty great pie.


I mean, who can dislike a K-State Cheese Cake?

The banquet ended at 7:30. Afterwards a man came to speak with me and asked me which "Hoss I belonged to." Apparently he knew my grandpa and told me what great people the Hosses are. That made me really happy.

So, with a belly full of catered food and a smile on my face, I got to thinking about what could make that night better. Tucker told me it was more ice cream, and he tested the theory. haha. But, I thought volleyball! It's by far my favorite sport. Ty and I called up one of our friends we met in Prague, and the three of us went to the Rec.

Usually there's a bunch of people playing games of volleyball and if you ask nicely they'll let you join in on the game. When we went there were three other girls there playing already. They were students at the vet school, really great at volleyball, and very friendly. They asked us to play with them. Soon, three guys showed up and asked to join. Before we knew it, we had five on four and the game was really fun. We played a few matches without keeping score before the first few girls had to get back home to study.

Before hardly any time had passed at all, three more people joined us; two guys and one girl. We were back to where we started. One girl kept score during that game, but to the rest of us, it didn't matter. We were playing a game for fun, score or no score. Time flew by, and before we knew it, it was eleven o'clock. (AKA, wayyyyyy past bedtime!) 

I'm hoping we'll be able to make time for something like this again, and find such wonderful people to play volleyball with, but my body is disagreeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment