Friday, October 2, 2015

(Un)employable!

Some things in life get us down... feeling lonely in a new city, a loved one passing away, applying for over thirty jobs, being turned down for over thirty jobs, getting lost, Okay, this post is taking a really depressing turn and needs to stop. So here's how:

I got a job!

I'm the new "data entry membership clerk" with a company located in Franklin, Tennessee. It's not the full-time writing gig that I'd like to have someday, but it's employment. Hopefully it will lead to great things... like a paycheck.

I will start on Tuesday or Wednesday after my background check comes back, and then I will be a working woman from 7AM to 4PM Monday through Friday. I also get to dress up, which I'm actually looking forward to... I even bought a new pair of dress pants and dress shoes in celebration/preparation.

Some things in life lift us up. Like mass on Sundays, seeing a cute couple strolling through the park, a funny joke, a friendly chat with family, ice cream, and even getting a job. Because really, does it matter if over thirty people turn you down, if one accepts you?

No comments:

Post a Comment