Sunday, October 4, 2015

Great Opportunities = Impossible Decisions

Kelsie and I do not always make the right decisions when it comes to life. I have now learned that after we missed our tram in Europe (for the 20th time) or moved to a huge city with no fallback. I wish that we could make the right decisions together but now it has come to making the most important decision: what do we do from here?

We have learned that HUGE city living is not for us (It was in Europe but the public transport...amazing).

We have learned that it may not always be immediate when it comes to finding a job.

We have learned that opportunities may not have to be sought out if it's not the right time.

We are not wasting our time here by any means but moving forward, I can say that this probably wasn't a step in the right direction.

This is all that we have learned and it has been a crazy two months. After two months in Europe, we saw light at the end of the tunnel. Now all we see is December and moving back closer to home.

Currently, I am working for a realty company that, I promise you, will one day own your local Dollar General if doesn't already. Which is random. They are paying me well and I need to understand accounting but mostly it is data entry, validation, and formatting. Not what I expected to be doing as my graduate career grew closer and closer. (read previous post for Kelsie's line of work)

But where do we go from here? Where do I want my family to be and is it the same as her wants? There is no definitive answer nor will there ever be. We are lost with no map. As you my already know from our escapades travelling, we are great at getting ourselves lost. Kelsie and I always found our way back but it was some of the most annoying and tiresome times in our life.

But now who knows what "back" is...

Where do we belong anymore?................................

All we have learned is that it is not Nashville. There are so many places left to try in this gigantic world to try and we have narrowed it down by ONE big city. How many decisions will it take before we make the right one? Probably a million more, but I do know that Kelsie, Papi, and I will find some place that equates to enough good to weigh out the bad, one of these days so we don't have to move again...for a while

Next weekend, we will be going to Pensacola, Florida where we will hopefully get away and relax for a while. Much needed because our last vacation was essentially Costa Rica. Hopefully it will be decent beach weather, if not we can visit some new places. Then I will tell you about our first time in Florida

Quick detour of topic.... 

I would like to to say thank you to my wonderful wife for never giving up on the job market here, she worked harder than any other person I have ever seen work before. She definitely makes me proud and I can't imagine why she doesn't have 40 job offers right now.  

Back to topic.....

Kelsie and I both have jobs that pay well enough to get the bills paid, we are planning that trip to Pensacola and I think we are trying to get Kelsie where she can get to Stillwater, OK in January. I am planning on having a spring internship here in Nashville. I hope with LBMC and then I will move back to Oklahoma and maybe go to school too. Depends on my experience with Public Accounting. 


We are putting together a map, I just hope it will get us back to where we want to be....

Until next time.....thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment