Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Bachelor Life!

Don't let the title fool you....

I am not happy to come home to an empty apartment surrounded by people who I would be scared to know. They seem scary, anti-social, and crazy. I go to work where the other interns are people I talk to and try and learn about. I go to class and get to know more about my classmates. However, I am in a group of 3 married women and they really like to work intertwined on problems but help me when I'm lost (which is most of the time). This can all be done while I am married by the way...
This is my new cubicle, the three screens ARE NOT overkill.

I have one really great friend by the name of Josh that I hang out with on the weekends. He helps me keep my sanity on those days. I have a few other friends but they are pretty busy now. I'll keep you updated. :)

The strongest player in my interactions is, of course, Kelsie. We talk for at least an hour a day, on the phone or video chat, and text the rest of the time. My work is very rigid in confidentiality so talking on the phone is a bit of a "no-no" but I still do it for little spurts after everyone is going home. So we talk mostly in the evenings.
I miss them more than I could have ever imagined...

Also, about work, I love the work that I am doing for LBMC, PC or Lattimore, Black, Morgan, & Cain. My work involves mostly closely held organizations, but that is all I think I am allowed to post. I wish I could tell you all the cool things that I am doing day-by-day.

Accounting? Taxes? Cool?....

Crazy? Yeah, I am a little bit.

Typically, I go to work because I am averaging about 55 hours/week over the busy season. It has been slow the past few days for me, but today I got a 6 hour budget tax return. Hopefully I finish it tomorrow.

When I am not at work, doing things on the tax side, I am working to do things on book side of business through my Advanced Financial Reporting Class!!!!!!

*Everyone leaves page*

Now that only a handful of you are still with me, I will just say that I am going to learn about all those disclosures that no one reads when then they read financial data of any sort.

Other than all of that!.....I make some pretty darn good food for myself.
Spicy Chicky-Chicky Parm-Parm....or Chicken Parmesan with Spicy Sausage Tomato Sauce.
Pretty cheap, I might add. 

I also had a lot of time in the house because I was trapped for a while....by snow....in Nashville.
6"-7" of snow, 30 minutes of digging, you could finally tell that it was Kelsie's car.
(not gonna complain too much-the East got it way worse)
I was informed that a snow only happens like this to Nashville about every.....8-12 years. Should have bought the Powerball ticket, I guess. (which was mostly won in Tennessee, btw)


I did the escape game.....which IS THE CRAZIEST THING EVER!!!!!!

I love it because it involves the best things that I like to do:

  • Solve complicated riddles
  • Scavenger hunts
  • Finding hidden things that are of value to your mission
  • Trap doors
  • Secret passages
  • Time Pressure (but the ability to be successful is attainable)
  • Technological effects that are awesome
All packed in one room that makes you feel like you're in a real-life scenario = the best $28 ever spent. I didn't have to pay for the first one because LBMC did.

Josh and I did the second one with 4 other people and we barely made it out with 1 second to spare!!

But it has a pass rate of 26%, so I was happy. We did our first one with 5 minutes to spare at a 40% pass rate with my co-workers.

Now, see? Staying around past the accounting hullabaloo can get you something exciting!
Proof I made it out twice in "The Heist" and "Classified" at the East Iris location

We did end up getting the car Kelsie talked about in the last post. It is a 2013 Malibu that is gray. It should be a nice car and I hope we made a wise purchase. Brian usually does pretty well at providing good cars for a good price. :)

Lastly,
I just wanted to say that I am thankful have each and every one of the people who have been saying prayers for all of us, especially Tucker. We have had miracles-a-plenty because God has been watching over us. All on Christmas night. Hopefully now He can work through us to help Tucker get through this tough process. We are lucky to have the support team that we do.

I am also thankful for the wonderful gift Kelsie got me!!!!!!! LOOK!
Excuse the messy table, but that is the Catholic prayer for Grace, hanging.
It is in front of a photograph Kelsie masterfully took in Colorado.
We are trying to find a nice, strong, wooden frame for it.
It will make a nice supper ritual in our future home.


I hope this gives a little insight on my life in Music City.

Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment