Monday, August 31, 2015

I'm-writing-a-blog face.


If that didn't make you giggle, what will?

The five or so of you who read our blog probably have a few questions... I'll surmise what they might be.
1) What the heck is with that first picture?
2)When is Kelsie going to post a blog about their new home?
3) How's school going for Ty?
4) What have they been doing for the last three weeks?

And, I will try to answer those questions.

First question: Current mood.

Second question: Now.

Third question: How's school going for Ty? Wonderfully, I think. He just started on the 24th, and it's been a big adjustment for him. I'm soliciting a new blog post from him, but he's not as inclined to ramble on about his thoughts and feelings as I am.

Fourth Question: What have they been doing for the last three weeks? We left for Nashville on August sixth. What should have been a ten-hour drive took us over twenty-four hours. Why? Well, between bathroom breaks, (for Ty, me, AND, Papi), breakfast/dinner/supper breaks, a flat tire, gas fill ups, a hotel stay, and gridlock traffic, it extended our trip a little bit. 

Week one in Nashville:
Our first few days we spent driving around the town, looking for somewhere to live. We finally did find an apartment that we could afford. (Rent in Nashville is outrageous!) After we signed our lease and moved in, we spent the next couple of days disinfecting every square inch of the apartment. So by the time we were done, we had an absolutely spotless apartment filled with cardboard boxes. (We now just have an apartment filled with boxes.)

Week two in Nashville:
Orientation. This is where I built up to a week-long mental breakdown trying to decide what my calling is. I decide (for the time being) it's not going to Vanderbilt to become a Nurse Practitioner. Still in mental breakdown mode, still trying to decide what my calling is. Starting the job search. Continuing the attempt at making this house a home. I start going to hot yoga. My blood pressure goes way back down to a normal rate.
Successfully held crow for about .239488237 seconds, so there's that. You get a gold star if you can explain why Papi had to leave his ball under my head!

Week three in Nashville:
Thirty job applications later (not an exaggeration), here we are still beating the bushes for jobs. We've slowly tried to venture out and try new things, but we're a little limited until one of us finds a steady job. Ty's gotten work as a temp. Basically, what he does is sit in a model home and wait for people to come through and look at it. He answers the phone too, but it sounds like a pretty cool gig to me.Ty's starting to figure out the lay of the land, and here I am, still getting lost on my way to yoga. I think Ty's a lot better at big city living than I am, but who knows, I learned to love Prague after about a month, so I guess check in next week and see if anything has changed. On the bright side, I've randomly had the chance to practice my Spanish with some of the neighbors.

Here I am pre-interview! If only a good hair day could win me a job. :)


Side note: Ty just walked by and looked at this as I'm writing. Here's how the conversation went:
Ty: What 'cha doin'?
Me: Writing a blog post.
Ty: About what?
Me: What we've been doing the last three weeks.
Ty: And it's that long?
..... So that's about all you need to know.

Anyway, we've done a few things of note.

1) Taken tons of random selfies (commence montage).
I'm-tired-of-moving face.

Walrus-had-a-cavity-and-had-to-have-one-of-its-tusks-pulled face.

I'm-watching-you face.
My-dog's-cuter-than-I-am-and-he's-not-even-trying face.

Does-wearing-my-dad's-twenty-year-old-Gold's-Gym-muscle-tee-make-me-buff face.
I'm-wearing-makeup-for-the-first-time-in-a-week-and-boy-do-I-look-good face.

2) Watched about four seasons of Parks and Rec. (I hope I'm not exaggerating, too.)
I think this one also qualifies under the selfie list.

3) Had a cardboard sword fight with packing materials.

4) Built two new dressers, a couch, and a bookshelf. *Correction* Ty tells me the correct word is "assembled."


5) Went to a park, checked out a melting bird.
It gets REALLY hot in Tennessee.

6) And a diseased bird.
But, really, what's going on with this bird???

7) And some rats masquerading as birds:
Ducks are gross...

8) Went to Cheesecake Factory for the first time in my life.



9) Entered sugar coma that I am just now coming out of.

10) Tried pin curls.
Curly haired win!
11) Tried a Pinterest recipe.
Pumpkin/cream cheese flavored french toast.

12) Reentered sugar coma.

13) Edited a BUNCH of pictures, updated my business's website and blog, sent a package to family. But for real, check out Reminice Visual Narratives on the Website, on Facebook, and Pinterest, and Wordpress.

This kid is so stinkin' adorable.

14) Wrote a new visual narrative about Ty's grandparents. <3

15) Went on a late-night fun run to the Parthenon and White Castle. 

Not really sure which one was better. I can see why Harold and Kumar made a whole movie about those burgers!


16) Started volunteering as a sponsor for people entering the Catholic Church.
I'm-about-to-meet-new-people-...yikes! face.

17) Wrote the first five pages of what is sure to be a best-selling novel.

So... seventeen things in 24 days plus or minus. I know it's not any sort of spectacular adventure, but we're here, and we're just figuring things out baby step by baby step. I'm all about honesty, and I'm not about to say I'm loving this current situation. But, I am thanking God for another day on this earth, another opportunity to learn, an opportunity to support my husband through his education journey, and an opportunity to be patient and let go.

Anyway, thanks for reading, if you've made it this far, and please don't judge me too harshly on my selfie montage... I've been bored. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment