Thursday, May 28, 2015

ConGRADulations!

Hey everyone, it's Ty. In this post I hope to convey to you how my graduation was the best out everyone else's. I know it was because family, even though they can be stressful, will always come through and give you more than you have ever asked for.

Friday evening, before the grad ceremonies, we had a party that was set up by Brian, Tami, and Jennifer and they did a fantastic job. We spent the evening eating great sandwiches w/ chips, pickles, and ice cream cake. There was more than enough food and friends to go around. I really enjoyed their company until they decided to point out he FLAWS on my face!!! ;) It was okay, we all can't be perfect and there was no way anyone could knock me down because I was ending the culmination of about 5 years of work, counting dual credit classes. At the end, we had finally decided that our family meshed pretty well and everything went swimmingly. One last tidbit, we owe that guy at the front front desk a debt of gratitude for going above and beyond.

Some pictures of the people we need to thank for the great party:
My Mom and step-dad Brian with me taking a wonderful picture after graduation. 

Kelsie's Mom and Dad, Jennifer and Dalton 

Kelsie and I have been at K-State, together, for two and a half years and yes, we survived living together thus far (even though it might be a toss-up who will strike first ;). We have tried our hardest, graduated with a high GPA, a lot of work experience, and trips that will leave a permanent etch within our cultural awareness and lives in general. Kelsie did a lot more than me and gained honors that made her, in my opinion, number one out everyone in her class.
Her ears were burning! Here she is afterwards in those nice shoes with the very
prestigious purple and white "cords" signifying honors.

Our family made it down for the weekend and witnessed both ceremonies...what a bunch of troopers. I told them thank you for coming because I probably would have went crazy sitting there for almost FIVE hours! All the families that sat through a ceremony should be commended because it was very long, and somewhat difficult to stay awake through. How we did it on a basically empty stomach, I will never believe. However, I think it was completely worth it because of the atmosphere of being recognized by my peers, professors, and administration made me feel recognized and the family presence afterwards made me feel blessed.
Kelsie with Grandma Hoss, she traveled down with Savannah and we are very
thankful they made it.
Kelsie, my dad David, and I all posing after graduation.



After having a famished family, still recovering from the anxiety of almost not getting the gown to Kelsie on time, we departed for supper. This is where we had no real plan and made no reservations for our very large group at Cracker Barrel. This was something I really need to think about when it comes to planning but everything went okay in the end. We had a great meal and there were no real big surprises. We had a few laughs about losing at the game that's located on every table. I assume that it is called "tee'd off" because that game can be frustrating. I think the best part was seeing everyone so happy to finally receive sustenance and go home way too full. When we got there, we had been given one more chance to sit down and talk about old times and enjoy a few more hours together.

I would also like to end on thanking everyone for the wonderful gifts and cards. They were very sweet and thoughtful. We will try and send out thank you letters soon, if you don't receive one, it probably got lost in the mail. We love you all and thank you for coming to our Graduation if you did. Lastly, I would like thank Wayne Talbot for attending and Larry and Ellen for the wonderful card.

We will try and update you on our plans with the next posts and remember that you can turn to us if you ever need any help and we will try our hardest to accommodate.

Please check out these other photos too!
Kelsie walking across the stage (without falling ;)
This picture including a very special person, Kim, she graced us with her presence
and very thankful she made it along with my Dad.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment